- About Me
- Why I Write About Elephants
- Elephant Essays
- Dreams of Africa: Wildlife
Cheryl Merrill’s essays have been published in Fourth Genre, Pilgrimage, Brevity, Seems, South Loop Review, Ghoti, Alaska Quarterly Review, Adventum and Isotope. “Singing Like Yma Sumac” was selected for the Best of Brevity 2005 and Creative Nonfiction #27. It was also included in the anthology Short Takes: Model Essays for Composition, 10th Edition. Another essay, “Trunk,” was chosen for Special Mention in Pushcart 2008.
She is currently working on a book about elephants: Larger than Life: Living in the Shadows of Elephants.
- That's Life, passenger pigeons, the probability of being alive: wp.me/p26tgc-bj via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- RT @freshly_pressed: On a search for lions in Africa @cmerrillellies finds lions, yes, but also surprising wells of compassion: http://t.co… 1 week ago
- The Three Graces wp.me/p26tgc-bb via @wordpressdotcom - latest blog post! 2 weeks ago
- Doug & Sandi, Jabu, Morula & Thembi. Couple who walk with elephants - IOL SciTech | IOL.co.za iol.co.za/scitech/scienc… 3 weeks ago